EPIC Programme – Business in the Community Ireland (BITC)
EPIC (Employment for People from Immigrant Communities) is an employment and integration initiative which has positively impacted 3,000 people from 101 nationalities to date. It is supported by the European Social Fund and the Department of Justice and Equality.
The initiative helps improve job-seeking skills by utilising a needs assessment and client-centred approach. Pre-employment training, one-to-one support and work experience opportunities are provided.
– Writing a CV and cover letter
– Identifying and describing skills
– Telephone skills for job interviews and in the workplace
– Advice on how to look for a job
– Interview preparation
– IT skills training
– Information sessions: networking, understanding the Irish system, promoting social integration, health, employment rights and entitlements, social welfare and access to education.
Other benefits of the programme include:
– Work experience opportunities
– Social support – advice on social welfare, housing, family, etc
– Mentoring service
– Advice for entrepreneurs
– Free access to computers
– Certificate of Participation on completion of the training
The programme is not aimed specifically at migrant women working in the care sectors, but could be of benefit regardless, particularly the topics such as employment rights & entitlements, understanding the Irish system and access to education, as well as features such as one-to-one individual support with career counsellors and mentoring.
- Type of fileWebsite