Recommendations for Entrepreneurial Education for Adult Migrants
This is a blog providing recommendations for trainers of migrant adult education. Taking the facts into account, adults generally tend to learn matters related to their life and this should be kept in mind while working with adult migrant learners.
Apart from the regular entrepreneurship trainings, while teaching migrants there are essential points that need to be highlighted in the blog as follows;
• The participants need to feel “accepted” and “safe”. They should realize there are risks and rewards in the pursuit of knowledge.
• The participants should be facilitated with opportunities to discover new experiences and knowledge. Training should not be transactional but interactional.
• The participants should gain new perspectives through a personal process.
There are also references to good practice examples that might help increase the rate of success. Including the aspects mentioned below into the program has been seen to have an accelerating and improving impact on support provided for refugees and migrants:
• Competences and skills (e.g. legal guidance, business back-up)
• Social Fund (networking and consultancy)
• Financial needs (support for facility or financing.
- CategoryMethodologies and pedagogical approaches
- Type of fileWebsite